Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Which Came First...The Biscuit or The Gravy?

I celebrated my first morning of spring break (my last one ever!) with making a delicious tester recipe for Bianca's Cookin' Crunk cookbook....Whole Wheat Butter(Soy)milk Biscuits with Sausage-Sage Gravy!! This is what breakfast is supposed to be, folks. Warm and comforting and aromatic and filling and yummy. This was worth getting out of bed!
I used Gimme Lean Faux Sausage for the gravy, which has FRESH SAGE in it, and the result was fabulous! I think I will just have to make these tomorrow morning, too!

How could you ever skip breakfast if you had THIS waiting for you???

5 comments:

Bianca said...

Oh yea! I'm glad you liked it! I had biscuits and gravy this morning too. BTW, the butterscotch chips should be there soon. Lemme know if you don't get them.

veggievixen said...

yum. i couldn't do it.

Alison said...

aren't they wonderful? I crave them all the time now!!

jb said...

It has been quite some time since I've had a breakfast such as that, it sounds great! Also, your last post's corned beef and cabbage sounds amazing

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Oh my my, that looks tasty!