Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Urban Housewife Testers!

I have been doing a lot of cookbook testing lately! Yesterday's awesome dish came from a new test endeavor, for Melisser of The Urban Housewife blog! She is writing a cookbook called The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life, and I am lucky enough to get to test out some recipes for her!! Yay!

The first test recipe I made for Melisser was the Tangy Cabbage-Beet Slaw. It was awesome. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera when I took it to the potluck! Dang. But trust me, it was colorful and flavorful and perfect. It pleased this slaw-loving girl very much!

Yesterday for yet another potluck, I made her Potato and Swiss Chard Gratin. OOoooh man. I haven't had any gratins as a vegan, at least that I can recall. This was comfort food at its finest: potatoes, chard, onions, a creamy sauce, and a breadcrumb topping. I was able to use swiss chard and yukon gold potatoes from the farmers' market, too, which is so great! I can't wait to try more of Melisser's recipes...these first two have been killer good!!!!

2 comments:

x said...

Yummo, both the slaw and gratin look delish, Melisser's book is going to be great!

Babette said...

This gratin looks delish!