Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Homemade Breakfast "Sausage" Patties

I love anything to do with breakfast or brunch...or second breakfast or even elevensies for that matter! Luckily, I now don't have to miss out on the admittedly delicious flavors of breakfast sausage just because of eating vegan!! I present to you Homemade Vegan Breakfast Sausage Patties! Below, they are pictured served with scrambled tofu and roasted potatoes!! And of course some Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls from RRF's blog www.bjorkedoff.blogspot.com!!
Breakfast "Sausage" Patties (serves ~12)
6 cups ground seitan
1 can black eyed peas, drained
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbs arrowroot powder whisked with 2 Tbs water
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1 Tbs vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs maple syrup
2 Tbs brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 Tbs paprika
2 Tbs dried sage
1 Tbs fennel seeds
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 Tbs dried basil
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/2 Tbs cumin
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup tahini

Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 2 sheet pans.
In a large bowl, add together all of the ingredients and mix well--works best to mix with your hands--until well combined. Form dough into patties using 1/2 cup scoops. Shape patties about 3" in diameter and 1/2" thickness. Place onto oiled sheet pans and bake for 30 minutes. Let rest on pans for at least 15-20 minutes.
If using later, place into airtight containers and freeze until later use.
When ready to serve or if serving immediately, heat about 1 Tbs oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place pre-baked patties onto heated skillet and pan fry about 2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and warmed through. Serve hot and enjoy!!

5 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

Super yummy! I love breakfast! I want some right now! :) I love the idea of ground up seitan.

Millie said...

I am a sucker for breakfast...its my biggest meal of the day. I love your dish ...what a treat.

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

You are also on my blogroll.

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

THis looks really good!

Kat said...

Hey there, found your blog..was hoping you would add a free FeedBurner "subscribe via email" button so people like me can get email updates..please let me know, thanks!

miss v said...

my husband will love this recipe - thanks laura!