Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

PB & J Cupcakes!

I am soooo happy to be testing for a new vegan baking cookbook, Vegan Bakesale, by Carla of the Year of the Vegan blog (http://www.veganyear.blogspot.com/)!! The first tester recipe I made for her was the PB&J Cupcakes...I know, right?! I am quite certain peanut butter is THE perfect food, and when paired with jelly and then turned into cupcake form, well, there just can't be much better than that! These are marbled cupcakes, with a pb batter and a jelly batter, swirled together then topped with a jelly glaze and peanut buttercream frosting!! These wowed my vegan friends, little kids, me (of course!) and even my veg-skeptical friends! If all the recipes are this good, I just know I'll need to get to baking asap...and to buy some stretchy pants!!

5 comments:

Bianca said...

There's is no better combo in the world than PB&J. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

Laura said...

amen sister, amen!

Millie said...

Sometimes I wonder what was I thinking of by not being a vegan at an early age with all these great treats that are so mouth watering. This is a delight.

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

nora said...

you are KILLING me.

Michal said...

Oh my! PB&J cupcakes just sound divine right now...