Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Black and Blue Burgers!

I found another wonderful way to use my Sheese blue cheese: put it on a burger! I put it on the top bun and put them in the oven (upside down, of course) to melt the cheese...it didn't get too melty, but it got pretty soft and creamy! Good enough for me! I paired the blue cheese with a blackened (coated with spices like cayenne, pepper, paprika, etc. and pan-seared) Amy's brand burger with red onion and lettuce...

Then we had some spicy sweet potato "fries" (I always bake my fries...) and some steamed chard...it was awesome! Man, it's too bad being vegan is so hard....ha!

Spicy Sweet Potato "Fries"

(serves 2)

1 large sweet potato

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp cumin

pinch salt and pepper

1 tsp oil

Preheat oven to 375 F. Cut sweet potato into julienne strips/ fry-type shapes. In a bowl, toss the strips of sweet potato with the oil and spices, then spread fries in an even layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, then turn the fries and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes, until browned and slightly crispy. Then enjoy...a lot!

No comments: