Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

Black Forest Cake!

Yesterday was a big day: my dad's 50th birthday and father's day...on the same friggin day! How lucky, right? So, I decided he needed an awesome cake to celebrate! What could be better than cherries and chocolate teamed up to make....


A black forest cake!!! yuuuuum!


I used the recipe for chocolate cake from The Joy of Vegan Baking
with the chocolate buttercream frosting from VCTOTW..but I
used almond extract instead of vanilla extract--so flavorful and delicious!!
Then I drenched the cake with the saucy cherries recipe from VCTOTW and
topped the whole thing with shaved dark chocolate!!
This was decadent and soooo moist and perfect!
Now that's how I say happy father's day :)

2 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Oh my gosh, I thoughtI was the only one who had to sometimes deal with fathers' day and my dad's b-day (the 20th) on the same day! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Your cake looks soooo incredible!

tofufreak said...

haha that is soo funny! i made a black forest cake for my dad's 50th birthday too! what a coincidence :]