Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

When Life Gives You Brown Bananas....

Make banana bread! In my cozy apartment without a/c, fruit ripens REALLY quickly...so I had a whole bunch of bananas that turned way brown before I had a chance to enjoy them all! Now, I'm a girl who likes her bananas a little brown and over-ripe, but this was a little past ripe even for me! Like a good vegan would, I pulled out my copy of Veganomicon and went to town: I hadn't tried the Lower-Fat Banana Bread yet, so I had to give it a shot!



Here she is hot and warm out of the oven...not much to look at, I suppose, but just wait!

And here she is sliced up and ready to be eaten (after being spread with a little Earth Balance, of course!)!

I modified the recipe by adding a cup of chopped walnuts...cuz I'm nutty like that!... and it was great! Isa and Terry were right: you can't tell it is a "low-fat" version at all! This was really moist, just banana-y enough, and had a really nice crust, which I always appreciate! I recommend trying this...maybe next time I will add some chocolate chips, cuz I can :)



No comments: