Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's My 100th Post! Let's Celebrate With Wafflewiches!

I can't believe this is my 100th post!! This blog has been so much fun to do! I am also really thankful that people actually read it and even make some of my recipes!

I could not think of a better way to celebrate than to show you Bianca's latest Cookin' Crunk tester recipe: a Wafflewich! It's a fried tofu "chicken" and savory waffle sandwich, and it is heavenly! This down-home treat has a maple Dijon sauce on it for a sweet and tangy kick and is topped with some veggies for that little something extra. I could see this as an awesome brunch or lunch or dinner or breakfast sandwich ( probably because sandwiches are like my favorite food.) or for any time when you want to feel happy and full! When this cookbook comes out and you buy it, make this recipe!

Savory Waffles
-Plus-
Beer-Battered Fried Tofu-Plus-
Maple-Dijon Sauce
-Equals-
Wafflewich!
Seriously, does it get better than beer-battered fried tofu with maple-Dijon sauce, fresh tomato, and greens on a savory whole wheat waffle?? Well, maybe....If you throw in some awesome coleslaw! I served my wafflewich with one of my favorite homestyle sides, creamy coleslaw. This meal was delightful!
Here's to the next 100 posts!! :)

6 comments:

Ruby Red said...

Oh my gosh, and what a great 100th post it was! Congrats!!! That wafflewich...sooo incredible!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, laura! Here's to the next 100. I alwways love reading your blog, so keep up the good work.

Your wafflewitch sandwich looks fabulous. What an amazing idea.

Veganissexy said...

Holy wow. That looks good! A waffle sandwich....what a great idea. Congrats on the 1000th post. I'm such a blogger newbie that seems like quite an accomplishment! Congrats!

Lisa said...

Congrats on 100 posts!! And that tofu is killing me. I want a bite!

Bianca said...

Yea! Congrats on your 100th post! And I'm glad you liked the wafflewich. I think I will add some spice to that waffle. When I made it, I basically took my cinnamon pecan waffle recipe (which I came up with first) and took out all the sweet stuff....but maybe I should leave in some maple syrup.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th post. And the sammich looks awesome!