Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tasty TVP Loaf and Homemade Granola

I have been cooking more and more lately (I am actually waiting to take cupcakes out of the oven right now!), but I haven't been doing a good job of keeping up with my blogging because school is so crazy right now....so here is a catch-up of the past week or so: Homemade Granola with coconut, dried pineapple, raisins, and sunflower seeds!

Kung Pao Seitan, from the Whole Foods Cookbook, with Steamed Brown Rice

I also whipped up a faux "meat"loaf the other night, which we have had as leftovers a few times. I didn't go off of any recipe, so I was kinda just throwing stuff in there....and it turned out amazing! Some of the ingredients included: TVP, brown rice, breadcrumbs, carrots, celery, local bell peppers, onion, garlic, sage, thyme, tomato paste, olive oil, tamari, parsley. There's more, I'm sure. Anyway, I spread some organic ketchup on top before baking for that mom-made feel.
Crazy TVP Loaf with Rosemary-Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Sauteed Chard

Crazy TVP Loaf, Garlic-Mashed Potatoes, Leek and Local Zucchini Saute

Has anyone else already planned their Thanksgiving dinners? I have been thinking about mine for a long while now...too long, probably...so here's a few hints:
--Tofurkey, cuz I'm kind of lazy
--roasted sweet potatoes
--my homemade apple butter on something
--brussel sprouts
--a pie and a cheezecake
--probably lots more!!
What are you thinking of cooking up for Save-the-Turkeys Day??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That granola looks really tasty. As does the rest of the food. The crazy loaf looks like the perfect leftover to eat all week.

J said...

Homemade granola!! It looks really good, and I LOVE all your rosemary sweet potatoes. I love me some sweet potatoes but have never had them this way. Do you use fresh or dried rosemary? How much? Anything else?

I think for Thanksgiving I am going to make stuffed mushrooms, traditional (but vegan) butternut squash soup, garlic mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and pumpkin pecan bread. YUM!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

the tvp loaf looks great! For Thanksgiving we're traveling a good distance, so I'm taking some sloppy joes for us (figured it would travel well) and we'll eat the vegan sides at the meal (hopefully vegan!)