Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Vegan Latina Testing!!

I am so excited to be testing for Terry Hope Romero's upcoming cookbook, Vegan Latina! The recipes, of course, are all Latina in nature, from Venezuelan to Carribean to Salvadorian! There are so many new dishes that I have never made or even eaten before in this book, so testing will be a great adventure. Here's a preview of some dishes...I made these this week, but there will definetely be more to come!!
Simple Sofrito...pre-cooking
Simple Sofrito...after cooking Salvadorian Slaw
Salvadorian Slaw, paired with Latin Seitan "Pork" and Posole Stew (my own recipe...I'll share that later!), I was inspired by all the Latin recipes Terry created!

Venezuelan-Style Black Beans (Caraotas)

Caraotas, paired with my own Garlic-Sauteed Greens and lots of fresh Avocado

This is going to be so much fun!

2 comments:

Rose said...

OMG! I didn't know there was a Vegan Latina cookbook coming out! I can't wait!!

Bianca said...

Ooh, I'm jealous. All her recipes look so good. And Terry is vegan food god as far as I'm concerned.