Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Buffalo Seitan Wraps and Another Lovely Sunday!

Yesterday was so wonderful! Lots of great people and great food were shared to make yet another fantastic KC Vegan Crawl! I am constantly astounded at everyone's support of Sustainability Sunday happenings!!

Onto the food! Where would we be without it!?

The star of the lunch on Sunday was the Buffalo Seitan Wrap: homemade chick'n style seitan dredged in a homemade spicy buffalo wing sauce wrapped up in an organic whole wheat tortilla with homemade vegan ranch dressing, organic red onion, tomato, and spinach. Oooooh they were so delish!! The cool ranch juxtaposed against the spicy buffalo seitan was divine.

And for the side dish, I made some Spiced Potato Wedges! Local potatoes tossed in olive oil and spices, and baked until nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! Yum! Man, potatoes are a perfect food. GOSH. I also made my Kickin' Ketchup for the dipping of the potato wedges. I love to dip, what can I say?!And you know I gotta have dessert!! I made my Oatmeal Cream Pies, because I just wanted and needed and craved them. I think everyone was happy with my decision...so perfectly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg for the fall, with that dollop of buttercream-style filling for a little naughty indulgent touch. I think I can declare this my new favorite dessert! There, I said it! :)
I was so very pleased with how yesterday went...now it's time to get crackin' for the next sustainability shindig!

4 comments:

veggievixen said...

mmm the oatmeal cream pies look sooooo good! can i have one?

Laura said...

of course, veggie vixen! i'll give mihl some, too!! :)

Bianca said...

I'm so amazed that you do this every Sunday! It looks like so much work...but your offerings always look and sound fantastic. Buffalo Seitan Wraps sound like the best thing ever.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Oooh, Buffalo Seitan Wrap! My husband would love that. Those Oatmeal Cream Pies look delish!