Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

Some Sweet Stuff

This week has been really crazy with working and stuff to do every night, so I haven't made dinners worth posting...but I have baked a little!


On Tuesday night, I was craving bread pudding again after having the choc chip-banana bread pudding from 'nomicon, so I decided to make up my own recipe! I had a plum and decided that it would be the perrrrfect addition to this sweet treat...




PLUM-WALNUT BREAD PUDDING (serves 2)
2 cups stale bread, cubed
1/2 cup soy, rice, or hempmilk (i used hemp and it rocked!!)
2 T tapioca starch
2 T water
1 plum, diced
1 T molasses
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raisins



Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a mini loaf pan. Soak breadcrumbs in milk in a large bowl for 10 minutes. Whisk tapioca starch (can also use arrowroot powder) in water and pour over bread mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bread mixture and gently fold everything together. Pour into mini loaf pan and press surface to make it even. Sprinkle top with a few extra chopped nuts and bake for 30 minutes, until firm but still niiiiiice and gooey! Let sit 10 to 15 minutes before cutting to let it set up...then serve warm with a nice scoop of vanilla soy ice cream or vegan whipped cream. then you can die, because you will be fully satisfied!! :)


Then on thursday, I baked something that someone else created, but I don't mind because it was from Veganomicon (mild obsession??)....
JELLY DOUGHNUT CUPCAKES!
(p.s. is it donut or doughnut??? i never know...who gets to decide, anyway?)
These were WONDERFUL! The texture and taste were shockingly just like a nice cake doughnut, something I have not experienced since going vegan nearly two years ago! I used strawberry jam for the filling and made a glaze for the top...

All the gang together, waiting to be served...


A lonely little guy, drippin' with glaze and
topped with lots o' SPRINKLES!!

And the jelly filling in all its glory, right before entering my belly!!

Hopefully I will have more time to cook this upcoming week...I am in need of some good foodz!

No comments: