Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Vegan MoFo: Local Apple Cuppie!

My Vegan MoFo Day 28 entry is a bit overdue! For last week's Iron Chef Vegan Challenge, the secret ingredients were apples and peanut butter....two of my absolute favorites!! The entry was due on Sunday, but I got wrapped up with the whole restaurant thing and totally forgot. woops!

So it's better late than never, right?! I made Local Apple Cuppies with a Peanut Butter Shortbread Crust. A little piece of heaven! A cuppie-- mini like a cupcake, but it's a mini pie--is something I kind of just made up one day, but I'm sure it's been done before. Either way, they're pretty cool and mess-free and tasty!
Aren't they adorable?!Gotta fill the insides super full of local cinnamony apples, of course!Slice it in half and share it with a friend...or just take a pretty picture and eat it all yourself!

3 comments:

Bianca said...

Yum! PB & apples are delicious together and this is too cute! I always eat too much pie, but a cupcake-sized pie would be just right.

BTW, I've somehow missed your blog for awhile. I haven't been able to check as many lately...and yours was always buried in my blogroll (I have one of those that updates each time someone updates and they shift around). Anyway, the new look is nice! Missed ya!

veggievixen said...

omg, are you serious?? a cupcake that's actually like an apple pie?? woah. i am stunned & amazed.

Laura said...

you guys are too nice :)