For Vegan MoFo Day 13, it's the Vegan's 100! This list is going around the blogosphere, kind of a "must eat" list for all the vegans out there, and I just wouldn't be a good foodie without filling one out! The bolded items are the ones I have tried...of course I want to try them all someday!
If you want to do this for your blog, copy and paste this list to the post, then highlight the things you've eaten or cross out things you would never eat. Feel free to comment, too!
Here it is!
1. Molasses--what a wonderful sweetener!
3. Scrambled Tofu--soooo much scrambled tofu...
4. Grilled Portobella Caps
5. Fresh Ground Horseradish
6. Sweet Potato Biscuits--this is a shame I haven't had these
8. Vegan Coleslaw
9. Ginger Carrot Soup
10. Fiddlehead Ferns
11. Roasted Elephant Garlic--had other roasted garlic, but not elephant yet
12. Umeboshi--i'm in love.
13. Almond Butter Toast
14. Aloe Vera
15. H and H Bagel NYC
16. Slow Roasted Butternut Squash
17. White truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Freshly ground wasabi
20. Coconut Milk Ice Cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Orchard-fresh pressed apple cider
23. Organic California Mango (in season Sept-Oct only)
25. Papaya Smoothie
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet or Habañero pepper
27. Goji Berry Tea
29. Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
30. Radishes and Vegan Buttery Spread
32. Oven fresh Sourdough bread--my favorite is from Uprise Bakery in Columbia, MO
33. Sangria made with premium fruit and juices
35. Acai Smoothie
36. Blue Foot Mushrooms
37. Vegan Cupcake from Babycakes nyc--i'm proud of this one! i've had about 4 or 5 kinds!
38. Sweet Potatoes and Tempeh combo
40. Spelt Crust Pizza
41. Salt and Pepper Oyster Mushrooms--i guess this is a thing...who knew?
42. Jicama Slaw
43. Pumpkin Edamame Ginger Dumplings--these, too, must be specific to somewhere. never heard of them, but they sound delish!
44. Hemp Milk
45. Rose Champagne
46. Fuyu (aka persimmons)
47. Raw Avocado-Coconut Soup
48. Tofu Pesto Sandwich
49. Apple-Lemon-Ginger-Cayenne fresh-pressed juice--used to work at a juice bar, so...
50. Grilled Seitan
51. Prickly pear
52. Fresh Pressed Almond Milk
53. Concord Grapes off the vine
55. Coconut Water fresh from a young coconut--had this in Hawaii forever ago....yum!!!
56. Organic Arugula
57. Vidalia Onion
58. Sampler of organic produce from Diamond Organics--don't know of this place. i guess i should.
59. Honeycrisp Apple
61. Vegan Campfire-toasted S'mores--always with Sweet and Sara's Marshmallows!
62. Grape seed Oil
63. Farm fresh-picked Peach
64. Freshly-made pita bread with freshly-made hummus
65. Chestnut Snack Packs--what? sounds good, i suppose! i've had lots of roasted chestnuts!
66. Fresh Guava
67. Mint Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies--had them sans oatmeal.
68. Raw Mallomar from One Lucky Duck, NYC
69. Fried plantains
71. Golden Beets
72. Barrel-Fresh Pickles--from one of my friends who makes his own pickles! i guess they were "jar" fresh! ha.
73. Liquid Smoke
74. Meyer Lemon
75. Veggie Paella
76. Vegan Lasagna
78. Homemade Soy Milk
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Lychee Bellini
81. Tempeh Bacon--TLT Sandwiches!
82. Sprouted Grain Bread
83. Lemon Pepper Tempeh
84. Vanilla Bean
86. Carrot you pulled out of the ground yourself
87. Vegan In-Season Fruit Pie
89. Corn Chowder
90. High Quality Vegan Raw Chocolate--never had the raw stuff. i like good vegan chocolate, though!!
91. Yellow fuzz-free Kiwi
92. White Flesh Grapefruit
94. Coconut Oil
96. Homemade Risotto
98. Seedless 'Pixie' Tangerine
99. Gourmet Sorbet, not store bought
100. Fresh Plucked English Peas
Well, I guess 62 out of 100 isn't so bad! I have a few new things to try, I guess!!