Tofu "Egg" Salad (serves 6)
1 block extra firm tofu, crumbled
1/2 cup Vegenaise
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 stalk celery, diced
1 carrot, shredded
1/2 cup parsley, chopped finely
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbs turmeric
1 Tbs Old Bay seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
squeeze of lemon juice
In a medium bowl, combine the tofu, Vegenaise, turmeric, Old Bay, pepper, and lemon juice. Mash the tofu with these ingredients to combine fully and make tofu to have and "eggy" texture. Fold in the veggies and mix to fully incorporate. Refrigerate until ready to use. Really good served on some crusty bread with juicy tomatoes and fresh greens!!!
Here's Steve, enjoying the heck out of his tofu salad sandwich!! Perfect for a day of climbing!
- Larabars (Peanut Butter Cookie is my current favorite!!)
- Justin's Nut Butters Individual Packs
- Canned Beans or Rice and Beans Combination
- Nuts and Seeds
- Dried Fruits...we love papaya spears!
- CousCous, Quinoa, and Oats to cook over a fire
- Hot Sauce
- Clif Bars
- Steve's Favorite Climbing Snack: Whole Wheat tortilla with peanut butter, banana, and carob chips. Perfect.
- Jars of peanut butter
- Single serving soy/rice milks
- TVP chunks...always a great addition to a campfire meal!
These are just a few things Steve and I like to take along for our fuel! Of course, lots of water, coffee, and tea are also a must! Don't forget the Dr. Bronner's to wash your camping dishes, and your dirty camping body afterward! What are some of your favorite outdoor eats??
Oh, and I am obligated to leave you with pics of us climbing!