Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Cookbook Crazy!

As my contribution to Day 3 of Vegan MoFo, I wanted to post about something other than purely food. Soooooo, I want to tell you about my addiction. To cookbooks. To vegan cookbooks. I must admit, I read them like novels, cover-to-cover as soon as I acquire them. Maybe it's a collection, maybe an addiction...who's to say? :) I have been adding to this collection for about 2 1/2 years now, so it's almost where I want it to be!


(btw, these are in NO particular order...just how they happen to be on my shelf!)
1. Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone--Deborah Madison
2. The Complete Book of Raw Food--Baird Rodwell
3. Moosewood Lowfat Favorites--The Moosewood Collective
4. The Student's Vegetarian Cookbook--Carole Raymond
5. Vegetariana--Nava Atlas
6. The Student's Vegan Cookbook--Carole Raymond
7. La Dolce Vegan--Sarah Kramer
8. Short-Cut Vegetarian--Lorna Sass
9. The Complete Vegan Cookbook--Susann Geiskopf-Hadler and Mindy Toomay
10. RAWvolution--Matt Amsden
11. The Real Food Daily Cookbook--Ann Gentry
12. Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan--Dreena Burton
13. How It All Vegan--Sarah Kramer and Tanya Barnard
14. The Chicago Diner Cookbook--Jo A. Kauchen
15. The Angelica Kitchen Cookbook--Leslie McEachern
16. The Everyday Vegan--Dreena Burton
17. Veganomicon--Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
18. Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World--Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
19. My Sweet Vegan--Hannah Kaminsky
20. The Candle Cafe Cookbook--Joy Pierson and Bart Potuza
21. Vegan With a Vengeance--Isa Chandra Moskowitz
22. The Joy of Vegan Baking--Colleen Patrick Goudreau
23. Vegan A Go-Go--Sarah Kramer



I also get tons of recipes from Vegetarian Times and VegNews magazines, as well as blogs, friends, family members, and my job at Main Squeeze Natural Foods Cafe...so I have a few good food resources! Someday, I hope to have my own cookbook to add to others' collections!

Does anyone have any suggestions for cookbooks that I don't have that are essential?? I am really excited to add Isa and Terry's Brunch cookbook to my repertoire....aaaaah breakfast!!!

3 comments:

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I love this post. I'm with you on the addiction. I never cared about cooking before going vegan. Now my collection is getting out of hand.

Carla said...

You beat me - I think I only have about 15! Though I often get books from the library and keep them for ages!

Unknown said...

Are you looking for vegan book recommendations, or cookbooks in general? You might like World Vegetarian by Madhur Jaffrey. It's not 100% vegan, but it mostly is, and the vegan recipes are so good, it's worth it.

xo
kittee