Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vegan Mofo Day #12: More Cornmeal-Crusted Tofu!

Today was another wonderful Sunday! A bunch of us enjoyed an amazing Sunday breakfast at Cafe Berlin...my favorite tradition! I had the veganized version of the Yankee Breakfast: Scrambled Tofu (with spinach and lots of spices), tempeh bacon, roasted potatoes, and an English muffin, with lots of organic grape jam. I loooove this breakfast! It has lots of my favorite breakfast-y things, especially the tempeh bacon rocks that my socks so very hard!

Perfect with a giant mug of OFT coffee!! This is a really filling and hearty meal, which was just what I needed to give me some energy before Steven and I went rock climbing all day!
This is Earthquake Hollow, where we went climbing! No picture could capture how pretty it was there today....I love Missouri foliage!!!
Here is Steven, psyched on a beautiful day for climbing!!
After a day of climbing and hiking, we needed a nice, comforting meal to satisfy us! I had just enough Cornmeal-Crusted Tofu from Veganomicon left over for both of us, so I served that up with some mashed local sweet potatoes, garlic-sauteed greens, and a whole grain roll from the wonderful Uprise Bakery here in Columbia. This meal definitely hit the spot!Now I'm off to try and create something fantastic for this week's Iron Chef Challenge...I am so excited! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I wish I could visit cafe Berlin one day! Sounds like a really great weekend. climbing and tofu :)

Joanna said...

those 2 meals look really good. fakin bacon is one of my favorite things ever!!! not to mention sweet potatoes-how could you go wrong?

Unknown said...

I sampled a similar dish last week at a new all organic and 100% Vegan cafe, in Chesterfield... called Vegadeli. It was delicious! Check them out www.Vegadeli.com

stevensenger said...

I just remembered: this was the day we saved that baby snake by untying its tail:)