Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Po(e) Boys!

Day 11 of Vegan MoFo sure was a yummy one! For dinner, I was craving a big fat sandwich, and I wanted to try something new. I decided to try out the Tofu Po' Boy sandwich from Isa and Terry's Veganomicon...and I am sooo glad I did! I must admit that I am a little biased because this sandwich and I share a name, so I have wanted top make this for a while now. Maybe I should rename this sandwich the Poe Girl instead of the Po' Boy, because this is one of my new favorites! I could not believe I had never made this before!! The Cornmeal-Crusted Tofu was strangely similar to fish in texture, but I didn't mind, because the whole sandwich was freaking amazing! Especially since it was on a loaf of crusty baguette from our local Uprise Bakery! I served the Po' Boys with some oven-fried local okra (which I've posted about before) and slices of local Purple Cherokee heirloom tomatoes, that Steve got at the market today! This was a perfect weekend dinner for sure! mmmmm! If you haven't made this sammie, do so please!!
Dessert was a true celebration of fall, in these Sweet Potato Bars, based off a recipe from Main Squeeze...with my special touch, of course! I want to start calling these Sweeties, because they are the sweet potato version of a chocolate brownie or vanilla blondie. Maybe I should just keep my dorkiness to myself :) Sweet potatoes are one of my absolute favorite foods, and I have a huge sweet tooth, so these just make sense!! I will post the recipe for these another time...there are a few more perfections I need to make...

2 comments:

Anardana said...

Ooo I want to try that poe boy sandwhich recipe now!

Destiny's Kitchen said...

Sweet potato barssssss.....