Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Vegan Mofo Day #15: Debate Eats!

Even though it is Vegan MoFo, I did not have the usual time and attention to my meal tonight as I normally would for a MoFo dinner. Why??? Tonight I needed to make something really quick and easy when I got off work, so I could focus on watching the presidential debate!! I just threw us together a Hummus and Veggie Plate of: raw veggies, apples, slices of Uprise Bakery baguette and a dip duet of baba ghanouj and hummus. I really like this meal as something simple to make when you don't want to cook or just don't have time...or in this case, when you have something important to watch on t.v! As a dessert for this meal, we shared this Apple Spice Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Crushed Pecans, that I had made at Main Squeeze. I am so glad that it is fall so I can make lots of apple desserts! Yay for yummy local goodies!!
I hope you all watched the debate...if not, go watch it on YouTube or something! Oh, and pleeeeease remember to vote on November 4th. For Obama, of course. :)

2 comments:

Destiny's Kitchen said...

That cake looks so good & moist!

J said...

I love hummus plates - and you are right, they are great quick meals too. Oh my goodness that cake! And to think I walk by Main Squeeze everyday and did not come in and get a piece of this gorgeous cake. I like to come in and get chocolate espresso mint or orange cookies when I know they are going to be around. You are gonna have to be my go-to-girl with the Main Squeeze goodies - you can tell me when there is something worth stopping in and picking up.

Tell Leigh we miss the black bean burger desperately!

(And we will be voting - for Obama.)