Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day #18: Chik'n Patties

Day 18 of Vegan MoFo was quite lazy as far as my cooking goes. I worked all morning and the rest of my day was a wonderful, relaxed, and uneventful Saturday. So, I was not quite in the mood to cook...luckily, my laziness lead me to try a new product! I got these frozen Chickenless Patties by Health is Wealth brand at the store a while ago (cheap!! yay!), so I gave them a shot. Even though they were a little freezer-burned...yeah, I forgot about them...they were not bad! I heated them up in a skillet and put them on a sprouted grain bun with veganaise and all the fixings, then served them with some leftover coleslaw I had in my fridge. I feel so guilty doing so little work!! Oh well, we can't go all out for every meal, I suppose! :)Dessert, on the other hand, was especially awesome! Steven picked us up War Cakes at Uprise Bakery, one of their 2 or 3 vegan desserts they carry. These are wonderful! They aren't very photogenic, but their taste and texture rock. They are mini-loaves that are very brown sugar and spice-y, packed with plump raisins and walnuts. A really great fall treat!!

No comments: