Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

What's In My Freezer? What's for Dinner? Why So Many Questions?!

Welcome to Day #23 of Vegan MoFo! First of all, I have to bare a little bit of my self: my freezer! Sassy over at Vegan Coach has tagged me to reveal the inside of my icebox! The Door: Smart Deli Vegan "Pepperoni," Health is Wealth Chicken-less Patties, Vegetable Potstickers, Rising Moon Artichoke-Olive Ravioli, Dairy Free Pesto, A Loaf of Uprise Bread, Earth Balance Shortening, Rolls from Uprise, A Bag of Local Chestnuts, and Baking Soda. Exciting, I know.
The Innards: Leftovers, Sprouted Grain Bagels, A Frozen Banana, Frozen Pumpkin Puree (I made it myself!), Organic Beans, Sunshine Burgers, A Loaf of Uprise Rye Bread, Flaxseeds, Red Raspberries, More Uprise Rolls, A Giant Bag of Seitan, Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins, Artichoke Hearts, Rice Dream Neapolitan Ice Cream...not pictured: frozen corn, hominy, and a carton of my homemade ginger-apple spice-cream. It is packed!
For dinner, I had to make something really delicious for Steven and I because I am leaving tomorrow to go to Chicago for a whole week....I am going to the American Dietetics Association annual national conference, since I am a dietetics student and will be graduating in May...anyway, I figured I had to leave him with a tasty memory of me for the week!
I made BBQ seitan with a homemade barbecue sauce, garlic-mashed organic potatoes, and sauteed greens:
We also had Uprise Bakery rolls with....drumroll....APPLE BUTTER that I made yesterday (yeah crock pot!) from the apples I picked with Steve! I made it with maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves...and it was wonderful! I wish fall could last FOREVER.

November 4th: Election. Be there.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

Ravioli. Yummmmm.

Your seitan, mashed potatoes and greens looks DIVINE.

I want to come over and scarf down your food. :O)

Sassy

Destiny's Kitchen said...

Apple better is so neglected, but so delicious! My friend picked some "real" apples for me that are a bit spotty; maybe I should cook them down into apple butter? :o)